Prim Mart Crafter's Online Community
Main Page Contact Us Community Rules Marketplace EZShoppes

Go Back   Prim Mart Crafter's Online Community > A Primitive Gathering - Our Lives, Our Homes! > Let's Go Camping!
User Name
Password
Main Page Forum Trader Ratings FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

BlackCatandRoses

Trader Rating: (9)
Old 03-23-2009, 12:38 PM
I'm Beyond Addicted. I have no life outside of Prim Mart!

We got our camper out~~~

On Sunday got our camper out of storage. So good to see er again!

However, we discovered we will need to replace all 4 brakes/shoes on our unit. Took 2 tires off on one side and sure enough one of the shoes had cracks in it. Hubby getting the brakes/shoes tonight, grease the bearings that supposed to do every year, put the silicone on the slideouts and then pull unit back up by house. From then on I can start cleaning! WOOT

If I could sit on the porch with God, the first thing I would do is thank Him for you......
Why can't I eat acorns on the porch swing????
Featured Websites

Old 03-23-2009, 05:27 PM
BigSister

Re: We got our camper out~~~

It's amazing how many people don't check that stuff after the campers have been sitting in storage. They usually end up paying the price going down the road tho!
We need to replace the carpet in ours after my daughter and her hubby stayed in it with 2 puppies! It needed it anyhow but I hate to pull everything out to get it done. Noticed that diesel is down below $2.00 so gotta fill the tank- It's 100 gallons!! I'm so ready to take it out tho!! It's sad when an oil change and fill up cost over $400.00.
Trader Rating: (9)
Old 03-23-2009, 06:21 PM
I'm Beyond Addicted. I have no life outside of Prim Mart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSister
It's amazing how many people don't check that stuff after the campers have been sitting in storage. They usually end up paying the price going down the road tho!
We need to replace the carpet in ours after my daughter and her hubby stayed in it with 2 puppies! It needed it anyhow but I hate to pull everything out to get it done. Noticed that diesel is down below $2.00 so gotta fill the tank- It's 100 gallons!! I'm so ready to take it out tho!! It's sad when an oil change and fill up cost over $400.00.

Holy Moly $400.00 ???? YIKES!!! say if ya dont like the carpet did u consider the laminate in ur RV ?
rather than replacing carpet, alot of people install laminate in their RV/camper.

yes, we ck those brakes and slideouts every year, first year to replace the brakes . so cant complain really, just DELAYS me gettin inside...lol

If I could sit on the porch with God, the first thing I would do is thank Him for you......
Why can't I eat acorns on the porch swing????
Old 03-24-2009, 08:51 AM
BigSister

I would love to have something besides carpet, but I don't know if it would work with the slideouts-I'm gonna check tho cause the carpet they use doesn't hold up with all the traffic thru the center. (or the dogs)
Geez-gotta have the front airconditioner looked at now too-the contacts are sticking and it won't turn off- oh well it's worth it to be able to hit the road!