PDA

View Full Version : SHELLY...about campin'

mickeygr
02-01-2009, 08:00 AM
Hey, did you get your new camper home yet? I remember when we first got ours, we stayed in it overnight right in the backyard! Please post some pics of the inside for us to drool over!

Anne
02-01-2009, 08:04 AM
Not yet, we get it next Sat. at 10am. I will be sure to post pictures!

Now how would we stay in it at our house tho, without power? LOL ok maybe stupid question but is it able to hook up to the power at your house?

mickeygr
02-01-2009, 08:37 AM
Ya know, I don't know about that! I think maybe a LONG heavy duty extension cord??? It was summer and we went to bed early! ROFLMBO ROFLMBO

The Giftware Gallery
02-01-2009, 08:53 AM
Now how would we stay in it at our house tho without power? LOL ok maye stupid question but is it able to hook up to the power at your house?

Yes, you can hook it up at the house. Dh uses an extension cord and plugs it in the garage somewhere. I will ask him.

That way, if you are camping frequently in the summer, you can plug in when you get home and not have to empty the refrigerator each time. Makes things so much easier. :)

We keep ours stocked with food and clothes most of the time. Then it is a lot less work when you want to go camping.

3daughters
02-01-2009, 09:45 AM
You sure can plug in at your garage or outside extension plug in. We keep our plugged in all summer, and keep the fridge on, so that I dont have to carry all the condiments in and out each time we camp. In the spring we well I give it a good spring cleaning and unpack everything from the winter storage, put it away, stock fridge with condiments. I always keep mustards ketchup, mayo, butter, pancake syrup, barb sauce, all those type of things in fridge.

2bcrafting
02-01-2009, 09:52 AM
We keep ours plugged in all summer during the week, I can't wait to see pics! This is sure to be a summer to remember! :hug2:
:congrats:
Dawn

Anne
02-01-2009, 01:05 PM
Ahh well see we can't keep ours here at the house for more then a couple days :(
We have to park it at an RV park so we will have to unload the frig each time.

mickeygr
02-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Ahh well see we can't keep ours here at the house for more then a couple days :(
We have to park it at an RV park so we will have to unload the frig each time.

We have ours parked at an RV campground, but it's considered a "seasonal" spot...meaning we never move it year round. We keep the electric on even when we're not there, so my fridge is always on. We turn off the propane and water when we leave for the week.